Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Doodle Tunes

Hey guys!



I'm currently at my parents house doing laundry (yes, my life is that glamorous) and listening to some of my favorite tunes while I doodle.

I thought I'd share some of those tunes with you all, so you can see what I'm rocking out to when I create my art. I think you can definitely tell I listen to a lot of Jpop (Japanese pop music)! 

I have been a huuuge fan of jpop for the past 11 years of my life...and I don't see it ending anytime soon! It's such a great way to study the language. And I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how exciting it was to see all of my favorite artists on billboards or hear them/see them on TV when I was in Japan! I'm used to no one knowing what I'm talking about so to see it /hear it everywhere was such a treat!

1. YUKI - Maiagare 




2. Moumoon - Moonlight (this song always played on the big screen at Tachikawa station - ahh memories!)




3. Moumoon - Do You Remember? 



4. Shiina Ringo - Ariamaru Tomi



^^This song is the theme for the Japanese drama Smile (one of my favorites of all time!) and lately I rediscovered it and have been playing it constantly!!

5. Shiina Ringo - Kuki (Stem)



^^Shiina is like the Japanese answer to Bjork - but better. : ) x10.
--

I also wanted to share with you the drawing I made for my mom for mother's day - the one of her in her garden. 






I don't have access to a scanner - sorry for the crummy photo booth pics! I'll try to scan it soon!

I'm off to make some jewelry! 


No comments:

Post a Comment