Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Heart Belongs in Japan + relief print


If you know me in real life, or have followed my blog for even a day, you probably know how incredibly special Japan is to me.


I can only credit God for giving me such a heart and passion for this place and it's people.




I have always loved asian culture as a whole, but Japan for some reason ignites something in me that I cannot explain - I adore it. The people, language, pop culture, and food...oh my word, the food!!

(credit goes to hanako lovely for the cute brushes in this pic!)

My dream of all dreams was to make my way to Japan one day - I didn't care where in Japan, but I wanted to go. More than anything.

And last December God made the way for me to go with The Jesus Film Project.

For 2 weeks, Tachikawa, Tokyo, Japan was my home.


It was everything I had hoped for and more...

For two weeks we stood in Santa hats and silly aprons, passing out cd's and invitations to a local church program.

(Krista and Richard in their Santa getup)

(me getting ready to don the santa suit and distribute...this is the face I pretty much had the entire time)

I got to attend a children's christmas party and teach them English colors and numbers...and how to say "Jesus loves me."

(me with a green tea muffin.. again with this face)

For two weeks I ate onigiri (for breakfast!) and steamed red bean buns and bubble tea and bentos. I rode the trains and laughed really loud on them even though I wasn't supposed to.

I missed my husband more than anything, but God was moving there...and I was a part of it.

When the earthquakes and tsunami took place, naturally, I was heartbroken.. and still am.
Even though it's been 3 months, these people are still hurting and broken...
these people still need hope and comfort.

Almost immediately countless artists drew relief prints to help aid those devastated by the events.
I wanted to be a part of it, but thought too hard about it. I wanted to make something that would catch people's attention so I could raise as much money as possible. I kept hesitating and then I thought it was too late.

But it's never too late, right?

So here it is:


The 5 x 7 print is $10, and 50% of the sale will go towards Red Cross Relief Efforts for Japan!

I'll be back tomorrow with my big news! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment