Thursday, July 14, 2011

Be Healthy Thursday! Week 2


Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that one week later from my previous "be healthy" post, I am still going strong!
This week I've been feeling great! Lighter and refreshed. Less bloated. And I've dropped a few pounds!

Here's the breakdown on my fitness and nutrition:

Week 2

 Ran 2.16 miles (30 minutes), did two 60 minute Zumba classes, and one 60 minute step aerobics / weight lifting class. That's 3 hours and 30 minutes of getting my fitness on! (although it felt like a lot..it really isn't!)

Goal for next week: complete 5 hours of exercise.

 I've been eating really well - keeping up with my fruit/vegetable/nut/gluten-free grain diet. I did however, have some grilled shrimp last week. I was getting horrendous headaches and think it was from lack of protein. Since then I've read up on making complete proteins without meat or soy (like quinoa and beans) and have been filling up on that. No more headaches! Also last night the hubs and I splurged on some sushi...


Um, how can you pass that up? I had been craving it this whole week and they were having happy hour - 30% off all sushi! I picked spicy tuna for the protein and sweet potato. yum yum.

Yesterday I ate:

Breakfast: Banana Peanut Butter Pistachio smoothie!
1 Tbsp natural unsweetened peanut butter
4 tbsp Trader Joe's vanilla Hemp protein
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup pistachios

Lunch: Quinoa with veggies (broccoli, tomatoes)
Baby cucumber and strawberry salad
1 small peach

Snack: Frozen blueberries

Dinner: Sushi! Spicy tuna and sweet potato roll. 

Snack: more frozen blueberries
1 cup herbal tea with boba
1 tsp peanut butter

So far today I've had my smoothie again (without the pistachios) and am going to really try and eat mostly raw.

Tonight is Harry Potter with my dear friend Rebecca! Whoo hoo!! But first I have a day PACKED with hospital visits, getting my hair done, ice cream dates, thrift store rummaging, bible studies and dinner! 

I love my "days off." : )

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Looks like you are off to a really good start! May I suggest Food for Life brand sprouted bread? It has complete protein in it by itself, spread some hummus and you have a protein powered snack!

    ReplyDelete