Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mr. Zebra

A lovely thing happened to me a few weeks back.



A student of mine, Emma, brought in this wonderful zebra she painted. She had told me about it the week before, and I encouraged her to bring it to class so we could all see it (she seemed so proud of it!).



Well she brought it, and it, as you can see, it is delightful. I mean he's wearing overalls. And after class she informed me that it was actually painted for me and she wanted me to have it.

This is the first time I've received a painting from a student, and I was just so tickled. I probably freaked out a little too much, but it just means so much to me.



I love being surrounded by children who have a passion for art and are so thankful to have an outlet to express themselves..especially when that passion comes in the form of zebras in overalls. : )



No comments:

Post a Comment