Sunday, December 30, 2012

I'm a Doll!


My favorite Christmas gift this year, hands down, was this pair of custom dolls of my husband and I on our wedding day, made by the incredible April from Riley Construction. I love her work because she really pays attention to detail and most of her fabrics are recycled and vintage. Plus she is a dream to work with!



I had the idea ever since I saw April with her dolls at the Strange Folk Festival this past September. 
The best part was that when I shared my idea with her, she seemed just as excited as I was! That always makes it more fun, when you know the artist is enjoying the work.







Here you can see my other doll by April, a little pink haired lovely.

I hope to have a much larger collection of April's dolls in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment