Friday, July 8, 2011

Let's Be Healthy!

Hello everyone!

Hope you had a lovely 4th of July!
I would share some pictures but my camera is being quite silly.
Mine was swell - except for the days leading up to it. I was a bloated hot mess. Tummy aches, bad temper..horrible skin. It was kind of a turning point for me. I'm tired of doing things half-way, and even though I attempt to incorporate a lot of healthy eating and exercise into my lifestyle, it just hasn't been enough.

So to keep me accountable I'm starting a new blog feature:

I love eating right and exercising... and I want to share some of that with you all! I also want to be honest with myself and what better way than to let the world see what I've been up to?

Hopefully I can make this a weekly thing. We'll see how it goes! : )

My Goal: to loose a few pounds, clear up my skin, and clear my mind. Most importantly I just want to rid my body of all the stored up toxins and other icky things that have no business being in there!

Time Frame: There really isn't one..but I'd love to see how disciplined I can be by the end of the year!

This Week:

* I've eaten nothing but fruits, vegetables, nuts and the occasional cup of brown rice or quinoa. And drinking a TON of water! I think I'm *finally* hydrated! That's a huge deal for me because I have struggled with drinking enough water for a loooong time. I also bought this dandy little kit:

(source)

I have never done a body detox with pills before, and so far so good! I'm pretty tired though..yesterday instead of going to Zumba I ended up laying down for a quick nap and ended up sleeping for 3 hours!
Sometimes rest is just as important!

I also managed to squeeze in a 3 mile run and some light weight lifting (don't want to go to heavy this week), and one Zumba class.

Goals for this weekend:
1. To not cheat. Keep eating healthy, balanced meals with only fruits, veggies, nuts and grains (gluten-free!)
2. Exercise at least once (I tend to "take weekends off" because  I still work on Fridays and Saturdays.  Sunday is my sabbath, but I think I'll try to do some yoga.
3. Keep a positive attitude and not feel discouraged. No doubt Jesus and my husband will be helping me with this one. ; )

I'll be back next week to tell you how I did!
How do you stay healthy?

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I think that it is wonderful what you are doing. I had my wake up call last month and have set similar goals like yours. Keep at it. I can't tell you how much more awesome I feel - stronger, lighter and happier!

    ReplyDelete