Saturday, July 23, 2011

Life is Good.

Before I do or say anything else, I want to take a minute to thank this man.


My sweet Uncle Kevin. He was a quadriplegic for 10 years and he went to meet Jesus this past Wednesday.

I didn't get to see him as much as I would have liked, but the moments I did share with him he was such an incredible witness for Christ and a true warrior. He didn't give up after losing so much. Every day was such a battle for him, but he didn't quit. He kept going. And he was always interested in what was going on in my life. He was there for my wedding. He genuinely cared about me and loved me. He was an incredibly uncle.

Love you Kevin.

I have been such a complainer lately..and his death kind of shut me up. I can walk. I am alive. Not everyone can say that. Sure, my financial aid got screwed up and I can't go to school for another year - so what? There are larger problems out there. And life goes on, with or without school. 

I am praying about possibly going to Japan again with a dear friend from high school.

I am going to do as many art shows as I can this coming year.

I am going to teach art another day of the week.

I am going to step out of my comfort zone.

I want God to use my talents for His kingdom.

I'm excited.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment